Environmental Clearance and EIA Studies
Environmental clearance is required for 39 types of projects and covers aspects like screening, scoping and evaluation of such upcoming project. The main purpose of environmental clearance is to assess the impact of planned project on the environment and people and to try to minimise the same. The details are covered in EIA Notification 2006 and subsequent orders / modifications to this baseline notifications. To obtain Environment Clearance you need to appoint a QCI-NABET certified consultant for preparing the EIA report and present it to MoEF & CC or SEAC.
Environmental impact assessment (EIA) Notification 2006 categorized project into two categories, “Category-A" and “Category-B". Category A projects: The projects which falls under “Category-A” get clearance from “Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MOEF&CC)” Category B projects: The projects which falls under “Category-B” get clearance from “State Environmental Impact Assessment Authority (SEIAA).”
All this is driven through a strong team comprising of industry professionals and subject matter experts from various disciplines and this enables us to provide a complete bouquet of Environmental Solutions for diverse needs.
The broad outline steps for obtaining environmental clearance are:
- The project proponent should submit Application Form 1 (pre-feasibility report) to the “MOEF” or “SEIAA" according to their category.
- The expert appraisal committee uses the details provided in Form 1 to decide extent of investigation required for the project which is called “Terms Of Reference (TOR).”
- Expert appraisal committee then gives TOR to proponent for preparing the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA).
- Proponent submit draft-EIA to the MOEF&CC or SEIAA.
- State Pollution Control Board organize the public hearing, which provides legal space for people of an area to come face-to-face with the project proponent in the presence of regulatory bodies. The hearing committee hears the objection from the public and concern expressed are recorded and submitted to the MOEF&CC.
- The proponent then submits final EIA report to MOEF&CC.
- MOEF&CC checks the adherence of final EIA to TOR and refers the adherence to expert appraisal committee.
- The expert appraisal committee complete the appraisal of documents and recommends either for clearance or rejection to the MOEF&CC and finally the MOEF &CC gives clearance or rejection letter to the project proponent.
Would You Like to know more on how Aplinka can help you meet your EC and EIA needs?
With extensive expertise and strong team of well qualified and experienced technologists, Aplinka is at the forefront for providing end to end solutions for EIA studies and Environmental Clearances as per latest statutory frameworks. Aplinka is successfully operating for EC’s at a Pan India level and completed more that 200 such cases from diverse areas of its accreditation.
With great work comes great clients. Here are few of them
We Believe in making the world a better place to live.
All our efforts are towards helping create a sustainable environment.
However, this depends on YOU too.
Let us know how we can work together towards this noble cause
We are eager to hear back from YOU